This Terms of Reference set out the key roles and responsibilities of the Assessment Team Leader for the Libya mission. The Libya mission is currently in the start-up phase and Action Against Hunger needs additional information to better understand the needs in the country to position itself for future funding possibilities. Currently the main source of data used by the humanitarian community in Libya is from REACH assessments, however, even these, are conducted remotely and only provide a national level overview of potential needs.
In the proposed assessment ACF will collect primary and secondary data through a combination of quantitative and qualitative approaches and tools and will drive the adequate analyze as per the requirement. A participative approach will be required, involving potential partners and target communities, in order to identify and qualify the needs, resilience capacities of the target vulnerable population, priorities and opportunities. The assessment will take place in rural Tripoli and rural Sabha. Linked to the heterogeneity of the two-targeted areas, and in order to insure best adequacy to social and cultural discrepancies, the assessment will be implemented in two distinct phases. The exploration of gender roles and dynamics and understanding how gender roles intersect with age, social state, ethnicity and disability; whether these roles have changed with the conflict; what are the decision-making structures; and the access to basic human rights and the vulnerability to protection risks, will be address as transversal questions, within this health assessment, focusing on SRMH.
Considering that the Country Team in Libya is very small, this position will be set to provide operational and technical support to conduct the assessment in rural communities of Tripoli and Sabha focusing on health, , and report back on the key findings.
This will require 2 persons (one covering Tripoli and one Sabha – can include adjacent rural municipalities too) to work under the management of the Assessment Coordinator (currently based in Nepal) and lead this process at field level. This position should also coordinate with the Country Team and follow rules and regulation, including safty and security, from the mission
This position is for 1,5 months from 25/07 to 31/08/2021
- Support Assessment Coordinator in the assessment implementation.
- Work with Assessment Coordinator Ojaswi Acharya and according to agreed methodology and tools, providing support to adapt it tospecificity of the target area. This should detail the geographic focus and scale of data collection, as well as the means,
- Account for budget follow up and spending on the assessment to ensure that it fits within the resources available, under the supervision of the Assessment Coordinator,
- Lead and be accountable for all logistics aspect during the assessment, as well as safety and security, in coordination with the mission, and its daily follow up
- Ensure comprehensive planning, recruitment, and training implementation.
- Support identification of key interviewers
- Finalize selection and recruitment of facilitators, enumerators and if needed data entry personnel
- Active involvement in training of facilitators and enumerators
- Lead and supervise field level data collection
- Support assessment coordinator to finalise the questionnaire
- Define dates for the training and dates for the field collection
- Lead translation of the documents and field testing
- Ensure data quality (collection and data entry) by implementing assessment protocol and respecting organisational policy.
- Participate in the data analysis
- Report Key Findings
- Report back key findings of the assessment through preliminary report summarising the key findings and presentation to the Assessment Coordinator (per municipality)
- Organise and Share the community feedback, insure the relevant feedback and participate to the analyse of the findings in collaboration with the Assessment Coordinator,
- Ensure daily security update for the assessment team in collaboration with Base Manager and Security focal including COVID related updates. Follow COVID and security SOP
- Coordination level with significant experience managing projects and teams (3 years experience),
- Previous experience in assessment, including quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and coordinate with different stakeholders in Libya specifically on targeted areas,
- Ability to work under pressure is compulsory and in a remote context an asset,
- Experience managing health related assessments or similar assessments
- Fluent in Arabic and good level of English speaking and writing, use of Computer and Office Pack
- Willingness to travel in country
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications by EMAIL ONLY to [email protected] with letter of motivation, recent CV, diplomas and any relevant certificates (work, trainings etc), contact (phone/email)
Please on your email subject, indicate:
- For Tripoli applications: TR Assessment TL + your FULL NAME
- For Sabha applications: SB Assessment TL + your FULL NAME
Applications not respecting these instructions may not be considered.
- Salary Offer about 600 EUR /month
- Address Tripoli, Sabha