Title: Social worker
Job location: Tripoli, Libya
The project “Enhancing the resilience of vulnerable girls and boys in West Libya through access to quality education and Psychosocial Support services”, funded by UNICEF, intends to promote a favorable protection environment for girls and boys affected by the crisis in Western Libya through protection monitoring, provision of psychosocial assistance, child protection services and safe learning environment.
Project areas of intervention:
Cesvi Baity Centers
CSOs in the surrounding area
Nearby public/private schools
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Adhere to Children Safeguarding Policy, PSEA Policy, code of conduct, and report concerns.
- Raise awareness of the affected communities about the safeguarding system and how to report
- Planning and implementation of PSS plan (resilience approach) in different project locations accordingly with identified children needs;
- Support Education unit in class planning and attendance monitoring;
- Provide PFA to children showing signs of psycho-social distress;
- Support in the design and conduct Parents Support Group sessions to address common needs raised by parents;
- Promote life skills and citizenship education through a holistic approach (in accordance with UNICEF and AIHR-developed modules).
- Liaise with, and make referrals to other Cesvi services or other agencies;
- Represent CESVI in a professional manner in meetings and ensure good cooperation with local partners and other relevant actors;
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, trainings and meetings regarding, for example, GBV and mental health;
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports, document and share lessons learned and best practices;
- Maintain the relationship with volunteers staff;
- Support in the capacity building of volunteers staff;
- Fulfil any other duties relating to nature of the job as may be requested by the Supervisor and any other relevant staff for the best development of Cesvi activities.
Duty station: Tripoli
Responsible to: He/She will report directly to the Child Protection Supervisor and to the Technical Unit focal point for the project.
- Social Security
- health Insurance
- Bachelor Degree in Psychology, Human Science, Literature, Sociology or any relevant major.
- 2 Years experience in organizational field
- 1 Year experience as Social Worker or any relevant sector
- Very good English
- Basic IT Skills (MS Office Kit)
- Background on Protection, especially Child Protection field
How To Apply
Submit Your CV to: [email protected]
Note: email must include the position title
- Salary Offer After Selection
- Address Tripoli