Y-PEER is a global network of more than 2,000 non-profit organizations, governmental institutions, CBOs, institutions, youth activists, young peer educators and trainers. It has over 33,000 young members from 59 countries including Libya – from 2010 – who work in promoting young people’s sexual and reproductive health, including physical and mental health related to HIV/AIDS, maternal health, gender-based violence, youth participation, civic engagement and development of a culture of citizenship.
Y-PEER is recruiting a Misrata team leader for a project designed to promote peace and reconciliation. The project will incorporate a people-to-people approach and empower youth to advance peace, stability, and dialogue through organized groups, civic participation, positive media, and localized peace projects. The project will enable youth groups of each city to work with municipal councils and other relevant actors to promote peace processes, reconciliation, and peaceful co-existence. Activities will mitigate conflicts from escalating by providing targeted support to peace actors, community-level leaders/groups and influencers, and constituent-responsive authorities who are engaged in, or wish to be engaged in, peace-building, conflict mitigation, and reconciliation.
Y-PEER is seeking qualified Team Leader that will support the implementation of project activities at the city level, with an emphasis on social cohesion, peacebuilding, and capacity-building activities. S/he is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of project in assigned city in accordance with Y-PEER and donor requirements.
- Oversee the successful delivery of the project within the city.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the city, collecting their feedback, reporting back to them on progress;
- Design and implement a youth community engagement strategy
- Liaise directly with the city authorities on behalf of your representative the project;
- Coordination with the stakeholder in the city;
- Supervising the time plan for the project in the city;
- Supervising the daily operations of the project in the city;
- Determine the needs and receive supplies from the supply chain.
- Evaluation and follow-up of the city team members.
- Coordinate basic training with the trainer and setting deadlines for them.
- Create a good working environment between the project trainers and the national core team.
- Preparing narrative reports for the city’s activities.
- Support the city team members communication with the project team.
- Any other related duties assigned to the candidate.
The Part-Time Team leader Baniwalid will devote 60 percent of his or her time to this project
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter by email with the subject refrence “Bani Waleed Team leader – your name” to [email protected] by no later than 31 Jul 2021
- Salary Offer to be discussed after the interview
- Address Bani Waleed